Friday, July 3, 2015

Post Numero Uno

Well, the first post of a new blog...

The purpose of this blog is to talk about my books, review other's books and stories (I like to do that), and share things about my life, my likes and dislikes, and the recipies that I managed to create for all those Trim Healthy Mamas out there. I tend to be quite the social butterfly when I want to with those I know over the net, but I would like to just warn you that I am an INTROVERT and that means I'll be prone to "dropping off the face of the Earth" and not replying to messages until days after I get it.

Now that that's out of the way, I would like to just say welcome. Welcome to my blog. Thank you for finding it!

(and sorry! this post kind of turned into an introduction/biography of the blogger!)

I'm a inspiring writer who has participated in one November NaNoWriMo, tried to do a Camp NaNoWriMo this last April, but couldn't because I had to be rushed to the city for emergancy appendix removal - which ended up causing me to be stuck recovering all that month, and am currently participating in Camp NaNoWriMo July. :D I'm keeping up fairly well this time, thank goodness!

I'm an INFP (and sometimes a INFJ or a INTP) who lives in Canada and wishes to move to New Zealand where the Hobbits, wizards, Elves, and Dwarves live. Since the age of 12 I have written stories, becoming lost in worlds I created to the point that my mother had to, and continues to try to, pry me away from them. My genre interests in writing have slowly shifted from fantasy to science fiction, but that's only because a good fantasy book is hard to come by and I've been given a severe dose of something horrid called "reality". I'm considering writing fantasy thanks to fantastical elements like dragons and elves. Yes, Elrond, I'm coming.

My reading tastes have varied over the years, but I haven't read as much as I would have liked over the last few years. In the beginning, it was fantasies such as J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia (which my father gifted to me when I was in either grades 1, 2, or 3). I used to write about Hobbits and talking animals thanks to Tolkien and Lewis, and they still make me grin when I think about it (especially when I think about how I wrote about a girl named Jonquil who woke up on a Hobbit bed with her legs from the knee down hanging off the bed!).

This summer, after NaNoWriMo, I'm going to make myself devour books like I once did once more. I have the second book of the Realm Walkers trilogy (Two Renegade Realms by Donita K. Paul) waiting for me to read it as it sits on my shelf. Thankfully, I'm going camping the middle of this month, so I will have time to read. The Hobbit is also waiting to be read. It's almost like it 'calls' to me, whispering "Read me, Mikaela...read me! I miss you so much!" Well, I miss you too, you old book - even though I think I've read you at least seven times already.

Other books need to be read, as well, and I'm sure to visit Chapters/Indigo again in the near future. Such is the life of a writer/bookivore - lol.

Stay tuned for new updates! There are sure to be many!

~ Mikaela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranger's Apprentice: The Battle for Skandia, a review

The Battle for Skandia . John Flanagan. 2006. Puffin Books. Pages: 294. Price: USD $8.99/$11.99 CAN. Setting: Skandia. ISBN 0142413402. [S...